Today’s 2-1 win by the Islanders makes it three wins in three against ATK Mohun Bagan during this season. Having edged past ATKMB earlier in the season, they crucially won against ATK Mohun Bagan in the reverse league fixture to level points and pick up the ISL Winners’ Shield on superior H2H.
Indian Super League (ISL) Table
League Stage: All teams will play against each other twice. The team finishing first are the league winners.
Playoff Stage: The Top 2 directly go into the semi-finals. No. 3, 4, 5, 6 play in an eliminator to determine two semi-final entrants. The winners of the semis go into the final which will determine the ISL Championship winner.
|3||ATK Mohun Bagan|
|4||Kerala Blasters FC|
|5||Mumbai City FC|
|10||Northeast United FC|
|11||SC East Bengal|
All three goals in today’s final were the product of defensive errors. ATKMB took the lead in the 38th minute after Ahmed Jahouh gave away the ball at the edge of his area – David Williams promptly latched onto it and struck it through Mumbai custodian Amrinder’s hands. The equaliser for Mumbai was supplied by ATKMB defender Tiri who scored an own goal with a header a striker would be proud of. The winner came in the 90th minute after Mohun Bagan keeper Arindam went AWOL in and around the box – Bart Ogbeche put the ball in for Bipin Singh who smashed it home into an empty net.
- Hero of the League: Roy Krishna (14 goals, 8 assists), ATK Mohun Bagan
- Golden Boot: Igor Angulo (14 goals, 117.50 minutes per goal), FC Goa
- Golden Glove: Arindam Bhattacharja (10 clean sheets, 19 goals conceded)
- ISL Emerging Player of the League: Lalengmawia (Apuia)
- Winning Pass of the League: Alberto Noguera (8 assists, 191.62 minutes per assist)