SC East Bengal have signed defenders Raju Gaikwad and Ankit Mukherjee for the remainder of the 2020-21 ISL season.
- 30-year-old centre-back from Mumbai was with Kerala Blasters last season.
- Second stint with East Bengal having previously played for the club between the years 2011 and 2015.
- A Tata Football Academy graduate, Gaikwad has represented Pailan Arrows, Mumbai City FC, FC Goa, Jamshedpur FC and Mohun Bagan over the years.
- Made his debut for the Indian National Team in 2011 and has been capped 24 times.
- Can also slot in as a left back and occasionally as a defensive midfielder.
- Has played in over a 100 matches combined in the I-League and ISL.
- During his previous stint with the Red & Gold Brigade, he was part of the team which played in the AFC Cup competition.
- 24-year-old right back from West Bengal was with ATK last season.
- Made a total of 10 appearances over the last two seasons in the ISL with ATK.
- Was part of East Bengal’s youth squad in 2014-15 before making the switch to CFL side Techno Aryan FC.
- Has turned up for Mohammedan SC in the Calcutta Football League and 2nd Division League.
- Ankit has also represented West Bengal in the Santosh Trophy.