Norwegian forward Kristian Opseth and 2019-20 I-League winning midfielder Fran González have joined Bengaluru FC for the 2020-21 ISL season.
- 30-year-old Norwegian striker turned up for A-League club Adelaide United last season and joins Bengaluru FC as a free agent on a one-year contract.
- The 6′ 2″ forward scored six goals and assisted two from 21 games in the A-League last season.
- Featured for a large part of his career in the Norwegian first tier -Eliteserien (12 goals, two assists in 59 matches) and second tier OBOS-ligaen (44 goals, 10 assists in 56 matches).
- Won the Norwegian second tier with FK Bodø/Glimt in 2017 and was the top goalscorer in the league that season.
- The season before joining Adelaide United, played in the Turkish Süper Lig with Erzurum BB (One goal, two assists in 12 matches).
- 31-year-old Spanish midfielder joins Bengaluru FC on a one-year-contract from 2019-20 I-League winning side Mohun Bagan.
- The defensive midfielder was the second highest goalscorer in the 2019-20 I-League with 10 goals.
- From Córdoba, spent part of his youth career with Real Madrid.
- Played a significant part of his football in the third tier of Spanish football, the Segunda División B, with Córdoba CF B, Hércules CF, Deportivo B and UD Almería B among others.
- Also played club football in Poland, Cyprus, Hong Kong and Thailand.
Kristian Opseth and Fran González are replacements for Brazilian midfielder Raphael Augusto and Spanish defender Albert Serrán who recently left the club. With these two signings, BFC have completed their foreign signings ahead of the 2020-21 ISL season.
Be First to Comment