East Bengal FC have announced the signings of Danny Fox, Matti Steinmann and Jeje Lalpekhlua for the upcoming season of the ISL.
- 32-year-old fullback joins from Wigan Athletic who were playing in the second tier EFL Championship, but were relegated to League One after going into administration.
- Came up through the ranks at Everton FC’s academy, signed a pro contract in 2004, but never ended up making an appearance for the club.
- Played in the English Premier League with Burnley FC and Southampton; featured in the Europa League and UEFA Champions League qualifiers with Celtic FC.
- The left back has made more than 450 appearances in the top four tiers of English football and cup competitions like the FA Cup and EFL Cup.
- 25-year-old defensive midfielder last turned up for Wellington Phoenix in the A-League.
- Spent his youth career at the academy of German club Hamburger SV.
- Made nine appearances in the Bundesliga with Hamburger SV.
- Played in the second, third and more often in the fourth tier of German football league system with FSV Mainz 05 II and Hamburger SV II among others. These teams are reserve sides of the clubs.
- The 6′ 2″ midfielder has featured in 238 matches in club football across Germany, Denmark and more recently Australia in the 2019-20 season. He has scored cumulatively 18 goals and assisted 10.
- 29-year-old Indian international was last contracted to Chennaiyin FC and left the club earlier this year.
- Won the Indian Super League twice with Chennaiyin FC, Federation Cup and I-League with Mohun Bagan and SAFF Cup thrice with the Indian National Team.
- Missed the whole of 2019-20 season due to a knee injury; in the 2018-19 ISL season, Jeje has a return of one goal from 16 appearances.
- Overall has scored 23 goals in 56 appearances for India; 23 goals in 69 matches in the ISL; 40 goals from 128 matches in the I-League.