Kerala Blasters FC have signed forward Naorem Mahesh Singh and defender Kenstar Kharshong from Shillong Lajong FC.
Naorem Mahesh Singh
- 21-year-old centre-forward from Manipur.
- Can shoot with both feet, dribbles well and has an eye for a pass.
- Started his career with Birchandra Memorial FC before making a move to the youth team of Shillong Lajong FC.
- Played with the Lajong senior team in the 2018-19 I-League and scored four goals and assisted three.
- Won both the Meghalaya State League and Shillong Premier League in 2019 with Shillong Lajong; contributed with a combined total of 12 goals and 14 assists.
- Was loaned out to the Kerala Blasters reserve side last season and played in the 2019-20 2nd Division League.
- 21-year-old centre-back from Meghalaya.
- Has good aerial ability and reads the game well.
- A Shillong Lajong youth academy product, Kenstar played in the 2017-18 and 2018-19 I-League (the season Lajong were relegated).
- Was out on loan to the Kerala Blasters reserve side last season and was part of their 2019-20 2nd Division League team.
- Like Mahesh Singh, won the Meghalaya State League and Shillong Premier League with Lajong in 2019.
- Was named the best defender in the 2019 Shillong Premier League.