FULL-TIME: Hyderabad FC 0-1 Northeast United FC
Northeast United: 86′ (p) Maxi Barreiro
Venue: GMC Balayogi Athletic Stadium.
|4||shots on target||3|
|7||shots off target||3|
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
xG Analysis by Amrit
- Hyderabad “dominated” the game & created the bulk of the chances but a soft penalty cost them the result.
- NE are a lucky, lucky side. Gyan out & a mini-fight over the penalty between Triadis and Barreiro are the major talking points in what was a poor performance.
- The Highlanders were at sea especially in the first half with them unable to get hold of the ball. They were also guilty of skying the ball to Gyan aimlessly on more than one occasion.
- While the pitch looked under prepared, Northeast United did not show any of the early season promise last night.
- The xG graph indicates Hyderabad started the game well and created chances throughout the game, but their final ball and finishing left much to be desired.
- Although energetic, the Hyderabad FC forwards Abhishek Halder and Gani Ahmed Nigam (playing ahead of Marcelinho) don’t look like scoring any time soon.
- The game languished in the middle of the park with both teams losing possession often in midfield and an attacking play/mini-break would follow.
- NEUFC are currently top of the ISL table and their next game is after the international break against Mumbai City FC on Nov. 27.