FULL-TIME: Chennaiyin FC 0-0 Mumbai City FC
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai
|7||shots on target||2|
|7||shots off target||5|
Source: Indian Super League
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
- New season, same old Chennaiyin. They absolutely battered the Mumbai City goal but some poor finishing and a few good saves ensure the points were shared.
- The second half was as bad as the first half was good.
- Chennai: Finally got a genuine #10 in there so there’s slightly better play, but the tactics are still ancient. 0/10 between the lines.
- Both teams had good opportunities to get ahead, but they spurned chance after chance.
- Chennaiyin had better opportunities – but a combination of poor finishing, lack of a decisive final pass and a good day in goal for the Mumbai custodian Amrinder Singh meant they couldn’t force a win.
- Mumbai City FC saw their top scorer in the ISL last season Modou Sougou hobble off and that is a cause for concern.
- They looked leggy, especially in the second half probably because this is their second game in four days.