Minerva Punjab FC have announced the signings of former Bengaluru FC winger Beikhokhei Beingaichho and East Bengal FC forward Bali Gagandeep for the upcoming season.
Beikhokhei Beingaichho (28, Winger)
- From Mizoram, Beingaichho spent his formative years at the IFA Academy in West Bengal (2005-08).
- Signed for East Bengal FC in 2009 after putting in impressive performances for George Telegrah the season prior. Four year stint at East Bengal also included a loan spell out to United Sikkim in 2011.
- Joined direct-entry side Bengaluru FC in 2013 and featured heavily in their I-League winning campaign. A second title followed in the 2015-16 season and the winger has three Federation Cup titles also to his name.
- Recurring knee injuries meant Beikhokhei was not picked in the ISL 2017-18 season and he went on to join Mohun Bagan last season, but was restricted to only five appearances in the Calcutta Football League.
Bali Gagandeep (29, Forward)
- Born in Chak Kataru village of Punjab, Bali represented Punjab in the 2012-13 Santosh Trophy.
- Notable performances in Santosh Trophy caught the Goan outfit Salgaocar FC’s eye and the forward signed with the club in 2013.
- Joined Minerva Punjab for the 2017-18 I-League and his ability to play in different positions was an important factor in their title-winning campaign.
- Spent last season at East Bengal FC, but was restricted to only two appearances in the I-League.