Kerala Blasters have signed 31-year-old Argentinian forward Jorge Pereyra Díaz ahead of the 2021-22 ISL season.
From the city of La Rioja in Argentina, Jorge started his professional career with Buenos Aires-based club Ferro and was drafted into the senior squad in 2009. The club play in the Nacional B – the Argentinian second tier. In 2013, he moved to another Argentinian club Club Atlético Lanús and won the Copa Sudamericana with the club.
Then in 2014, the striker moved to Malaysia Super League club Johor Darul Ta’zim. Jorge was the top goal scorer in the 2016 Malaysia Super League and won the league in 2014 and 2016. During his stint with the club, he also went out on loan first to Argentinian club Club Atlético Independiente (2015) and then to a Mexican club (León) in 2017-18.
After ending his association with JDT early in 2018, Díaz went back briefly to Lanús and then played a couple of seasons of club football in Bolivia and Chile. In February this year, he returned to Argentina with Club Atlético Platense who currently compete in the top-tier Argentine Primera División.
Overall in his club career, Jorge has scored 29 goals and assisted 13 from a total of 141 appearances.
Player Analysis: Jorge Pereyra Díaz (by Shlok)
A stat-driven analysis of Jorge Pereyra Diaz – Kerala Blasters’ new striker.
Team: Platense (Argentina 1st Division)
Matches Played: 12
(Stats considered were p90, all numbers displayed are percentile values with respect to other CFs in the league)
– very clinical, doing extremely well with the chances he had
– low no. of shots taken, but very accurate
– takes on defenders often but very poor success rate
His low offensive duel rate could be because he receives a lot of long balls (2.89 p90, 90.1%ile) . Being a 5'8 striker, it is tough to contend against tall defenders.
– attempts few crosses, but gets them right more often than others
– not very involved in buildup
– good at sliding in the final pass
– attempts more passes forward than backwards or sideways
– not the most defensive striker either
– as said earlier, gets into a fair amount of aerial duels
– fouls a LOT, mostly because he gets into a ton of sliding tackles (1.27 p90 pAdj, 91.2 %ile)
– surprisingly, didn’t get booked at all
All in all, he is a really good finisher. His record of 37 goals from 26.01 xG proves the same. He is tenacious, and has good physicality for someone who isn’t a target man. His experience and character will definitely be an asset for @ivanvuko19
Originally tweeted by The Away End (@theawayendco) on 27th August 2021.
Be First to Comment