The AFC Executive Committee in view of the COVID-19 pandemic has decided to cancel the AFC Cup 2020 competition and postpone other AFC competitions.
The key takeaways from the executive committee meeting held online are:
- AFC Cup 2020 has been cancelled in view of the Force Majeure event (COVID-19).
- AFC Champions League East Zone matches are now scheduled to be played between November 15 and December 13, 2020. The final of the AFC Champions League will be played in the West Zone on December 19, 2020.
- AFC Futsal Championship will now be staged in Kuwait between December 2-13.
- AFC U-16 and AFC U-19 Championships, scheduled for Bahrain and Uzbekistan, have been postponed until early 2021.
- The 30th AFC Congress originally scheduled to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on December 9, 2020 will now be held online.
- The AFC Solidarity Cup has also been cancelled because of the Force Majeure event and will now be played in 2024.
- AFC Futsal Club Championship UAE 2020 will be cancelled with the United Arab Emirates hosting the next event in 2021.
Be First to Comment