FULL-TIME: Bengaluru FC 3-0 Chennaiyin FC
Bengaluru FC: 14′ Erik Paartalu, 25′ Sunil Chhetri, 84′ Semboi Haokip.
Venue: Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
|9||shots on target||2|
|3||shots off target||7|
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
xG Analysis by Amrit
- BFC are back to scoring goals and how! Thoroughly dominated Chennaiyin and look back to their best.
- Chennai look ridiculous. Funny how they were putting up 4312/4132 formations up on TV. They played the same 442 again!
- Bengaluru FC welcomed back Erik Paartalu into the squad adding some much needed balance and composure to the Bengaluru midfield. The Aussie helped Bengaluru take the lead scoring from a header off a corner.
- Nishu Kumar was back at his original left full back position while Ashique finally started further up in left midfield.
- A flurry of chances in the first half an hour led to Bengaluru doubling their lead in the 25th minute – the captain Sunil Chhetri smashed home his first goal of the season from just outside the box.
- Chennaiyin FC were all at sea today. The third goal which game late in the game saw Haokip easily outmuscle Eli Sabia and toe poke past the keeper.
- It’s a case of familiar failings for Chennaiyin FC. Their season is eerily turning out like the last one where they finished at the bottom. Their tactics and their approach moving forward with the ball seem ineffective and outdated and it looks like the only thing that changed from last season are the personnel.
- They haven’t scored a goal yet this ISL season and with John Gregory hinting at resignation, it looks like this season is going south as well.
- “Have never worked so hard in my life. Might be time for someone else to take over. This is the worst I have felt in my time here. The club comes first and we have to do what’s best for it.” John Gregory, Head Coach, Chennaiyin FC.