FULL-TIME: Kerala Blasters FC 0-1 Mumbai City FC
82′ Amine Chermiti
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi.
|3||shots on target||4|
|4||shots off target||7|
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
xG Analysis by Amrit
- It’s still early in the competition and I’m not sure what to make of either of these sides except that the better side probably won today.
- KBFC showed nothing going forwards until the last minute of the game when Amrinder had to pull off the save of the season
- Kerala lacked impetus in attack with their midfield lacking a creative spark and the wingers Narzary and Prasanth unable to provide adequate and accurate supply.
- The match looked like it was headed for a draw – until Kerala Blasters couldn’t deal with a simple ball in the box and it was promptly pounced upon by Amine Chermiti who looks like a fantastic signing for Mumbai City FC.
- With Mumbai pressing high, Kerala used quick short passes to regain control, but it was Mumbai who had more control of the game.
- Bilal Khan looks suspect in goal and it’s only a matter of time before the goalkeeping errors catch up – in fact Coach Eelco Schattorie has mentioned that TP Rehenesh is his first-choice keeper.
- Amrinder Singh on the other hand did not put a foot wrong and made a spectacular save to deny Ogbeche and Kerala Blasters the equaliser.
- With Paulo Machado and Mato Grgic injured during the game, Mumbai City FC’s upcoming games could be fraught with danger – especially in defence. Grgic is the lone foreign defender they have in the side.