FULL-TIME: Jamshedpur FC 2-1 Odisha FC
Jamshedpur FC: 16′ Rana Gharami [OG], 85′ Sergio Castel; 35′ RED CARD Bikash Jairu
Odisha FC: 40′ Aridane
Venue: JRD Tata Sports Complex Stadium.
|5||shots on target||3|
|8||shots off target||8|
source: Indian Super League
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
xG Analysis by Amrit
- First good game of the season as Jamshedpur fought their way to a win.
- Piti looks like a sensational player, hard to believe he’s 38.
- Iriondo’s organization looks great – watch out for the set pieces.
- For OFC, it’s the same as last year – lack of cutting edge.
ISL 2019-20: A 10-man Jamshedpur FC eked out a win over newly minted Odisha FC whose familiar failings are still not a thing of the past.
- Jamshedpur started in a 3-5-2 formation and the new manager Antonio Iriondo’s approach suggests they will be an exciting team to watch this season.
- The Spaniards signed by the Red Miners have a lot of quality in them with the 38-year-old Piti exceptional on the night.
- Odisha FC (previously Delhi Dynamos FC) under Josep Gombau played good football, but their finishing and passing in the final third left much to be desired like last season.
- Not being able to press the advantage after Jamshedpur FC went down to 10 men in the first half means Odisha need to deeply introspect.
Be First to Comment