FULL-TIME: Bengaluru FC 0-0 Northeast United FC
Venue: Sree Kanteerava Stadium
|2||shots on target||2|
|6||shots off target||5|
source: Indian Super League
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
xG Analysis by Amrit:
- BFC picked up right from where they left off last season with a strong defensive performance.
- Augusto’s dribbling and passing looked good in the first half but completely faded in the second.
- NorthEast look like a good team this year. Assured at the back and also have the ability in midfield. Right now, look probably a good Indian winger away from the top 4.
- Also, it’s just a matter of time before Gyan starts hitting the back of the net.
- The new BFC signing Ashique Kuruniyan started at left back and while he looked dangerous in space the first half, the second half saw Northeast take advantage of his inexperience in that position.
- Raphael Augusto travelled with the ball well and setup a couple of chances for Udanta and co, but Bengaluru failed to capitalise. Raphael on the night could’ve been closer to the opposition third.
- The former Fortuna Sittard defender Kai Heerings and Mislav Komorski were composed at the back for NEUFC and kept away Bengaluru’s endless supply of crosses and corner set-pieces.
- The Ghanaian forward Gyan looked the part with his movement and even hit the post one occasion with Gurpreet well-beaten.
- The 21-year-old Uruguayan forward Martin Chaves was lively and combined well with Gyan and with Chaves running at the Bengaluru defence, the duo came close on a couple of occasions.
- In contrast, the Miku replacement for Bengaluru FC – Manuel Onwu was kept well in check by the Northeast defence.
- Nishu Kumar was a revelation at right back and almost scored with a belter of a shot from outside the box only for it to be parried away by the excellent Subhasish Roy Chowdhury.