FULL-TIME: Kerala Blasters FC 2-1 ATK
Kerala Blasters FC: 30′ Bart Ogbeche (p), 45′ Bart Ogbeche.
ATK: 6′ Carl McHugh.
|3||shots on target||1|
|8||shots off target||5|
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
Bart Ogbeche started off from where he left off last season – his clinical finishing in front of a packed stadium helped the Blasters get off to a rousing start to their ISL campaign.
- The Kerala defence and midfield were a lot more physical on the night and kept the fearsome on paper attack of ATK under check.
- While the former Wellington Phoenix forward Roy Krishna got himself into good positions, he was out muscled by the Kerala players and his final touch let him down at times – the same can be said about his compatriot David Williams.
- Jeakson Singh started ahead of Sahal Abdul Samad in midfield and had a stellar game haranguing the ATK players.
- Playing as a left wingback, Soosairaj didn’t really get into the game – however his opposite number Prabir Das troubled Kerala with his pace.
- Although he was not culpable for the goal, Bilal Khan did not inspire confidence in goal for the home side. Meanwhile, Jairo had a decent game and won a penalty for the home side – however his concentration levels and reactions seem a bit under par.
Be First to Comment