According to the Chairman of the AIFF’s technical committee Shyam Thapa, the technical director for the Indian National Football Team will be announced later this week. The current temporary technical director Savio Medeira will step down from the post once the announcement is made. Savio is standing in for the Australian Scott O’Donnell who resigned in 2017.
Here’s a brief profile of the three candidates who are in contention.
Gaioz Darsadze, Georgia
- Managed Georgian clubs FC Samgurali Tskhaltubo and Ameri Tbilisi.
- Served as coach for the Georgian National Team (2005) and the U-21 team.
- Currently coaching education director at the Georgian Football Federation.
Doru Isac, Romania
- Currently Sporting Director of J-League side Yokohama F. Marinos.
- Previously assistant coach to Arsene Wenger at Nagoya Grampus Eight, Japan.
- Worked with Carlos Queiroz and Serbian football manager Bora Milutinović.
Jorge Castelo, Portugal
- A professor with a PhD in sports science from the University of Lisbon.
- Served as assistant manager at Sporting CP and Benfica among others under Sven-Goran Eriksson and Carlos Queiroz.
- Published author with multiple titles to his credit and has helped develop training methodologies for national federations in Europe.
The AIFF technical committee has interviewed all three candidates.
We interviewed all three on Monday and we have marked our preferences as one, two and three and have recommended them to the Executive Committee to make the final appointment.Shyam Thapa, Chairman, AIFF Technical Committee
The AIFF will now talk to each of them, regarding the salary and other terms and conditions to choose the suitable among the three. I believe the announcement will be made in two or three days.
Be First to Comment