FULL-TIME: Bengaluru FC 1-1 Hyderabad FC
Bengaluru FC: 2′ Sunil Chhetri.
Hyderabad FC: 90’+1 Robin Singh.
Venue: GMC Balayogi Athletic Stadium; Attendance: 8,172.
|3||shots on target||6|
|4||shots off target||7|
Source: Indian Super League
EXPECTED GOALS [xG]
xG Analysis by Amrit
- Most inefficient game I’ve seen BFC play in a long time. Poor finishing, but everything else was ace.
- Could be a crucial two points dropped for BFC but credit to HFC for staying in the game.
- Robin Singh really deserved that goal. Has worked really hard this season.
- The Blues started the game taking the lead early in the second minute. They also kept Marcelinho and Co in check by tandem pressing – so much so that Hyderabad’s offensive threat was non-existent.
- In the second half, Hyderabad FC upped their work rate – though they were still inferior, they were quicker on the ball and kept BFC in check.
- Although denied a penalty for handball inside the HFC box, Bengaluru have themselves to blame for not extending the lead. As the xG indicates, they created twice the number of chances and the forward line had a dozen attempts on goal.
- Hyderabad FC did well to keep themselves as long in the game as they did – a smash and grab in stoppage time helps them to a point and their saviour – Robin Singh at the right place and time.