FULL-TIME: Northeast United FC 2-2 FC Goa
NEUFC: 54′ Asamoah Gyan, 74′ Redeem Tlang.
FCG: 31′ Hugo Boumous, 90′ Manvir Singh; RED CARD 90′ Len Doungel
Venue: Indira Gandhi Stadium.
|7||shots on target||11|
|3||shots off target||6|
Source: Indian Super League
Expected Goals [xG]
- As the xG line graph indicates, the visitors were dominant for most of the first half with Hugo Boumous looking lethal – the Moroccan got his goal in the 31st minute after the NEUFC custodian Subhasish came off his line leaving Hugo with an empty net.
- Although culpable for the first goal, Subhasish redeemed himself with some excellent goalkeeping for the rest of the match. The FC Goa keeper Nawaz also pulled off a couple of great saves to keep Gyan out.
- Northeast United found their way back into the game late into the first half and in the second half they got themselves into the lead with Gyan and Redeem finishing off their chances well.
- Len Doungel was sent off minutes after he came on and after the ensuing fracas which saw both teams’ players and officials involved, the referee ended up awarding a free kick to FC Goa instead of NEUFC. FC Goa would score from that free kick which was lobbed into the NEUFC box from far out.
- Mourtada Fall was jittery tonight and looks suspect in Goa’s defence and it was his mistake which led to the Gyan goal.